Getting Set Up is Easy!
Swift Helpdesk is two main components:
- The self-help knowledgebase center. This must be based on WordPress (Free) and running our free help desk support software plugin. You can see our example at http://Support.SwiftCloud.io
- SwiftCloud.io ‘s actual ticket system, which is part of Swift Tasks social task & project management. From here you’ll respond to support-requests that come in via web-form, email, phone, chat, social channels, snail-mail, or API (from such places as a shopping cart, or API “bridge systems” like Zapier.com)
Part 1: Setup SwiftCloud.io
- Just sign up for SwiftCloud.io (Free!).
- Setup your company
- Setup your personal profile
- Proceed to WordPress setup below and then setup
Part 2: Setup Up Your WordPress “Help Central”
- To get the most from Swift Helpdesk, you’ll need at least one wordpress-based website. If your main website is not based on WordPress, we might suggest setting up a subdomain like http://Support.YourDomain.com or http://help.YourDomain.com. If your main business website is already on wordpress, skip this step – you’ve already got what you need.
- Create a post-category called “Help & Support”
- Install our (free) help desk support software wordpress plugin.
- Create 3 pages:
- Support Central
- Define the settings in the WordPress plugin to match
All done! Test it out.
You may wish to periodically add help articles, which will reduce the human-support-requests as your users learn to help themselves.
If you run a membership site, note our plugin does have special functions for resetting user passwords, and automatically pre-filling in member’s info (i.e. if the user is logged in, then we already know who they are).